Monday, March 16, 2020

March 16, 2020

Today's Updates:

I'm so proud of (but not surprised by!) the collaboration, sharing, and care I saw at work by EVERYONE today. THANK YOU! 💜

Thanks to teams who have shared their communication/plans with me. I'm putting this in the Team Plans for Closure document, and all can view. If your team would like to add info, please send to Matt/Jeff and me, and we'll add it in. 

Given today's press conferences by the President and Governor and to keep you and other safe, I'm now asking that you NOT come to the buildings unless you absolutely need to do so or are part of a District effort (like making/distributing Grab and Go bags, cleaning the buildings, etc.).  Please contact Matt/Jeff or me if you have a request. 

Families in Need
If families reach out for help/you know they'll need assistance, here's our first go to resource:
 United Way 211 is available for the community who are looking for any resources such as paying for rent, bills, food, baby formula and more.

Ways to access:
Call 211 from any phone.
Text your zip code to 898211
Access the database via web at https://211lakecounty.org/

I've added a Need Help? area to the Daily Family Update and will keep adding resources as we find them. 

We're working on a plan for meals on wheels/at locations as well as Chromebooks for check out for families in need of devices. More to come on those ideas...












How do the relationships that I have with my students help them learn? 
How can I sustain those relationships through these crazy circumstances?




Learning at home with a smile...
 
Please share pictures you get from families...these are real bucket fillers! 




No comments:

Post a Comment